Education and Licensure
- Northern Illinois University (B.S. Education, 1977); DePaul University (J.D., with honors, 1981)
- Admitted to Practice in: Illinois (1981); U.S. District Court for the Northern Dist. of Illinois (1981).
- Diplomate in Civil Trial Advocacy, certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) 1990, recertified 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010 and 2015.
Past and Present Professional Memberships and Honors
- Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness of the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar for the Second District, 1998-2006; Chair, 2001-2003.
- Illinois Bar Association; Standing Committee on Supreme Court Rules (Past Secretary); Standing Committee on Legal Technology (Chair, 2002-03); Civil Practice and Procedure Section Council (Chair 2007-08)
- Delegate for the 16th Judicial Circuit to the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Kane County Bar Association; Practice Management Committee (Chair, 2010-2012 ), Judicial Evaluation Committee (2010-2012 ).
- DeKalb County Bar Association (President, 2005-2006)
- Named annually as member of the Leading Lawyer’s Network in Illinois since 2006.
- Named by Chicago Lawyer Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Illinois area of Injury Law in 2007.
- Named in 2008 as a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization limited to attorneys with million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements.
- Kane County Bar Assoc. Community Service Award for 2016
Past and Present Civic Activities, Board Memberships
- Sycamore Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Club (Chair, 2002)
- DeKalb County Board of Health
- Ben Gordon Mental Health Center Board
- Barb City Manor Advisory Board
- Sycamore United Fund Board (Past President)
- Sycamore Municipal Hospital – Advisory Board
- St. Mary – Sycamore Finance Council (Chair, 2006 – )
- Sycamore High School Rugby Football Club, Co-Founder and Asst. Coach, 2004 to 2015